What do applicants need to know before they apply?
The Marshfield Clinic Research Institute (MCRI) postdoctoral fellowship program is open to candidates who have completed, or will have completed (by the expected start date), a PhD, MD, PharmD, BDS program, or a terminal professional degree with additional training in a relevant field. A strong applicant needs to be in contact with an MCRI scientist and discuss the possible research areas that could be explored. Please see the Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2021 (information sheet) for programmatic information and general guidance. Please note: this position has a rolling deadline.
What do applicants need to do before they apply?
Applicants need to work with a prospective MRCI scientist who will become a mentor. As a team, the applicants and mentors will complete part of the application—which describes career goals (aka "personal statement"), proposed research area(s), and training plan. This part of the application is a Word document and can be found here. If applicants or mentors cannot access the document, please contact Seth Langreck.
Please see postdoctoral fellowship research areas page for potential mentors.
How do applicants apply?
Applicants need to complete a postdoctoral fellowship program application via REDCap. Applicants need to submit the following documents during the application process:
- Three professional references
- Curriculum Vitiate (CV)
- GRE or MCAT score (if taken, but not required)
- Letter from awarding institution verifying graduation (if PhD degree will be awarded after expected start date at MCRI)
Please note: a separate MCHS application will be completed if the applicant is selected by a review committee.
What happens after applicants apply?
All materials will be reviewed by a selection committee. Applicants will be notified of the selection committee's decision and the next steps if their application is selected.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2021 Information Sheet
- MCRI PostDoc Nomination Form (to be completed by applicant and mentor)
- Postdoctoral fellowship application (via REDCap application)
- Postdoctoral technical support contact: Seth Langreck