Saturday, October 19 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Marshfield Clinic Research Institute (Melvin Laird Center – Erdman Lobby)
1000 N. Oak Avenue
Marshfield, WI 54449
This event features stations that families can move through at their own pace and conduct experiments/demonstrations. Kids and families will have fun learning about archaeology, chemical reactions, biology, physics and more! The STEM Scout Discovery Bus will also be on-site.
The various research centers at the Marshfield Clinic Research Institute will host different interactive educational and research displays, which will provide a general awareness of the key research activities taking place at MCRI and in the Marshfield community.
This event is held in conjunction with the Wisconsin Science Festival.
- STEM Scout Discovery Van
- Photo booth with props
- Usability Lab tours and on-hands activity
Eight experiment tables:
- Dry ice farts
- Elephant toothpaste
- Make your own ice cream
- Gassy reactions
- Archaeology dig
- Make your own bouncy ball
- Rainbow in a jar
- Blood in a tube
Five educational interactive booths:
- Get the facts, not the flu
- Secrets to good oral health
- All of Us Research Program; Advancing precision medicine
- Clinical research: Know your role
- Rural and agricultural health and safety