The latest issue of the Clinical Medicine & Research journal was released Thursday, Aug. 13, featuring 10 research findings including original research on cardiac anomalies in liveborn and stillborn monochorionic twins, mortality of patients requiring escalation to intensive care and clinical outcomes of various management strategies for symptomatic bradycardia.
Clinical Medicine & Research is an indexed, peer-reviewed, medical research journal owned and published by Marshfield Clinic Health System, and edited within Marshfield Clinic Research Institute.
Peer-reviewed original articles in this edition include:
- “Management of Sarcoidosis-associated Pulmonary Hypertension" by Jim Q. Ho and Ware G. Kuschner, M.D.
- “Author Response: Pulmonary Vasodilators in Sarcoidosis-associated Pulmonary Hypertension" by Matthew Patel and Karim Ladak, M.D.
- “Cardiac Anomalies in Liveborn and Stillborn Monochorionic Twins" by Elizabeth McPherson, M.D., Colin Korlesky and Scott Hebbring, Ph.D.
- “Mortality of Patients Requiring Escalation to Intensive Care within 24 Hours of Admission in a Mixed Medical-Surgical Population" by Jason Leong, M.D., Jai Madhok, M.D., M.S.E., and Geoffrey K. Lighthall, M.D., Ph.D.
- “Clinical Outcomes of Various Management Strategies for Symptomatic Bradycardia" by Victor A. Abrich, M.D., Rachel J. Le, M.D., Siva K. Mulpuru, M.D., Paul A. Friedman, M.D., Gregory W. Barsness, M.D., Yong-Mei Cha, M.D., Ryan J. Lennon, Bradley R. Lewis and Eric H. Yang, M.D.
- “Inpatient Mortality and 30-Day Readmission Rates Associated with Troponin Testing in Patients without Acute Myocardial Infarction" by R. Jay Widmer, M.D., Ph.D., Gibbs Wilson, M.D., Travis Haneke, M.D., Mary Lee, D.O., Jerry Fan, M.D, Arthur Davis, M.D., Ethan Fry, D.O., Kevin Kurian, M.D., Jonathan Urbanczyk, D.O., Jordan Potter, D.O., Matthew McMahon, M.D., Bryce Rhodehouse, D.O., Joon J. Song, Ph.D., and Jeffrey B. Michel, M.D.
- “Aspirin in Primary Prevention of Cardiovascular Events" by Deepa Soodi, M.D., Jeffrey J. VanWormer, Ph.D., and Shereif H. Rezkalla, M.D., FACP.
- “Suspected Neuro-invasive Powassan Virus Infection in a Pediatric Patient" by Trever M. Koester, Priyanka Timothy, M.D., Jennifer K. Meece, Ph.D., Rebecca A. Osborn, M.P.H., and Holly M. Frost, M.D.
- “Epistaxis Complicated by Hemolacria: A Case Report" by Anne E. Drake and Clifford D. Packer, M.D.
- “Abdominal Physical Signs and Medical Eponyms: Part II. Percussion and Auscultation, 1924–1980" by Vaibhav Rastogi, M.D., Devina Singh, M.D., Halil Tekiner, Ph.D., Fan Ye, M.D., Joseph J. Mazza, M.D., and Steven H. Yale, M.D.
About the journal
Clinical Medicine & Research debuted in 2003, but the Health System has a long history of publishing scholarly journals dating back to the first half of the 1900s. With an international reach, Clinical Medicine & Research is indexed in major U.S. and international databases of scientific information including Index Medicus/MEDLINE, PubMed Central, EMBASE, Scopus, Emerging Sources Citation Index and many more.
It is one of only a few medical research journals owned and published by private health systems and also included in the U.S. National Library of Medicine's prestigious Index Medicus/MEDLINE database. Other health systems with such indexed journals include Mayo Clinic Health System, Cleveland Clinic, Texas Heart Institute and Menninger Clinic.
Accepted articles are published online at www.clinmedres.org prior to appearing in a formal issue of the journal. The site is accessed more than 20,000 times per month and has more than 100,000 full-text article views or downloads per year.
To submit an article, visit www.editorialmanager.com/clinmedres. All submitted articles are peer-reviewed first by the executive editorial team. If selected during editorial review, articles are also peer-reviewed by external subject-matter experts. To reach the executive editorial team, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 715-389-3501.
Members of the executive editorial team include Adedayo Onitilo, M.D., Ph.D., editor-in-chief; Sherry Salzmann Scott, M.S., senior editor; Jamiu O. Busari, M.D., Ph.D., associate editor from Zuyderland Medical Center in the Netherlands; Robert Greenlee, Ph.D., M.P.H., associate editor; and Rohit Sharma, M.D., FACS, associate editor. Members of the editorial advisory board from Marshfield Clinic Health System include Kelley Anderson, M.D.; Jessica Engel, D.N.P.; Steven Taylor, M.D.; and Richard Dart, M.D., editor emeriti.
Image credits: Fernando Da Cunha / Science Source (Unique ID: SS22649995). Image and text copyright © 2020 Science Source/Photo Researchers, Inc. All rights reserved.