Scott Heiberger MS
Communications Manager - NFMC
National Farm Medicine Center
1000 North Oak Ave. ML1 Marshfield, WI 54449
- M.S., Strategic Communications, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
- B.S., Journalism, University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana
- 1985 to 1985:
- Reporter, Danville Commercial News, Danville, IL
- 1985 to 1990:
- Reporter, Anchorage Daily News, Anchorage, AK
- 1990 to 1998:
- Reporter, Peoria Journal Star, Peoria, IL
- 1998 to 2001:
- Communications Specialist, Marshfield Clinic, Marshfield, WI
- 2001 to Present:
- Communications Manager, Marshfield Clinic Research Institute, Marshfield, WI
Experienced communications strategist with a demonstrated history of working in the agricultural safety and health care fields. Draws upon journalism training to effectively communicate agricultural safety and health news and resources.
Communications, Public Relations
Evans J, Heiberger S. Fitting Farm Safety into Risk Communications Teaching, Research and Practice. Journal of Applied Communications. 2015 August 31; 99(3):68-80.
Evans J, Heiberger S. (2016 March 27). Agricultural Media Coverage of Farm Safety: Review of the Literature. J Agromedicine. 21(1):91-105.
PubMed ID: 26506853
Heiberger S, Evans J. (2017 Dec). New Extension Approaches to Serving Agricultural Media in Advancing Farm-Life Safety Communications. Journal of Extension. 55(6)
Marolf A, Heiberger S, Evans J, Joseph L. How Agricultural Media Cover Safety Compared with Periodicals in Two Other Hazardous Industries. Journal of Agricultural Safety and Health. 2017 February; 23(1)
Weichelt B, Salzwedel M, Heiberger S, Lee BC. Establishing a publicly available national database of US news articles reporting agriculture-related injuries and fatalities. Am J Ind Med. 2018 May 24; doi: 10.1002/ajim.22860.
PubMed ID: 29790197