Patrick Allaire Ph.D.
Project Scientist I
Center for Precision Medicine Research
1000 North Oak Ave. ML8 Marshfield, WI 54449
- 2017 to Present:
- Genetics and Medical Bioinformatics, Marshfield Clinic Research Institute, Marshfield, Wisconsin
- 2011 to 2017:
- Genetics and Molecular/Cell Biology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah
- 2009 to 2011:
- Molecular/Cellular Neuroscience, Montreal Neurological Institute - McGill University, Montreal, Canada
- 2003 to 2009:
- Ph.D., Molecular/Cellular Neuroscience, Montreal Neurological Institute - McGill University, Montreal, Canada
- 2000 to 2002:
- M.Sc., Experimental Medicine - Oncology, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
- 1997 to 2000:
- B.Sc., Biochemistry, University of Montreal, Montreal, Canada
- 2017 to 2019:
- Post Doctoral Fellow, Mashfield Clinic Research Instute, Marshfield
- 2011 to 2017:
- Post Doctoral Fellow, University of Utah, Salt lake City
- 2009 to 2011:
- Post doctoral Fellow, Montreal Neurological Institute, Montreal
Honors & Awards
- 2009 to 2009:
- C. Nance Common Neuroscience Award
- 2013 to 2015:
- American Heart Association Postdoctoral Award
- 2018 to Present:
- MCRI Internal Grant Award
Genetic research using model organisms is used as a springboard to study pathways responsible for organ development and function. This has greatly guided and benefited human health research. With the rapid growth of DNA sequencing technologies and the growing importance of human genome research, we are making significant leaps in health improvement though disease prevention, diagnosis and prognosis. My goal is to be part of this exciting movement and to help integrate genetic knowledge to improve human health.
cancer development and endocrine malfunction
genomic, proteomic and metabolomic data science
- 2006 to 2010:
- American Society for Cell Biology, member - participant
- 2013 to 2016:
- American Heart Association, member - participant
- 2011 to 2018:
- Genetic Society of America, member - participant
- Connecdenn, an AP-2-Binding Protein Linking DENN Domains to Clathrin-Mediated Trafficking in the Synapse (Oral), Annual meeting for Cell Biology, San Francisco
- Connecdenn, a Novel Clathrin-coated Vesicle Associated Protein Linking DENN Domains to Endocytic Vesicle Trafficking (poster) , Annual meeting for Cell Biology, Washington
- Function of the DENN Domain Revealed through Characterization of Connecdenn (poster), Annual meeting for Cell Biology, San Francisco
- The Connecdenn 1 DENN Domain: A GEF for Rab35 Mediating Cargo-Specific Exit from Early Endosomes (poster, Annual meeting for Cell Biology, San Diego
- Rab35 Regulates Recycling of Arf6 Cargo Required for Intercellular Adhesion and Differentiation (poster), Annual meeting for Cell Biology, Philadelphia
- A Rab35/Arf6 recycling complex regulates cell adhesion and migration: implications for cancer biology (poster), Annual meeting for Cell Biology , San Francisco
- CAB-1 is required for dense core vesicle trafficking and peptide hormone secretion (poster), Gordon Research Conference, New London, NH,“Protein Trafficking, Processing and Secretion”
- CAB-1 has dual functions in dense core vesicle trafficking (poster), Gordon Research Conference, Andover, NH,“Molecular Membrane Biology”
- CAB-1 has dual functions in dense core vesicle trafficking (poster), Gordon Research Conference, New London, NH,“Protein Trafficking, Processing and Secretion”
Allaire PD, McPherson PS, Ritter B. (2015). Analysis of connecdenn 1-3 (DENN1A-C) GEF activity for Rab35. Methods Mol. Biol.. 1298 :217-31.
PubMed ID: 25800846
Allaire PD, Seyed Sadr M, Chaineau M, Seyed Sadr E, Konefal S, Fotouhi M,...McPherson PS. (2013 Feb 1). Interplay between Rab35 and Arf6 controls cargo recycling to coordinate cell adhesion and migration. J. Cell. Sci.. 126(Pt 3):722-31.
PubMed ID: 23264734
Allaire PD, Marat AL, Dall'Armi C, Di Paolo G, McPherson PS, Ritter B. (2010 Feb 12). The Connecdenn DENN domain: a GEF for Rab35 mediating cargo-specific exit from early endosomes. Mol. Cell. 37(3):370-82.
PubMed ID: 20159556
Ritter B, Denisov AY, Philie J, Allaire PD, Legendre-Guillemin V, Zylbergold P,...McPherson PS. (2007 Sep 19). The NECAP PHear domain increases clathrin accessory protein binding potential. EMBO J.. 26(18):4066-77.
PubMed ID: 17762867
Allaire PD, Ritter B, Thomas S, Burman JL, Denisov AY, Legendre-Guillemin V,...McPherson PS. (2006 Dec 20). Connecdenn, a novel DENN domain-containing protein of neuronal clathrin-coated vesicles functioning in synaptic vesicle endocytosis. J. Neurosci.. 26(51):13202-12.
PubMed ID: 17182770
Girard M, Allaire PD, McPherson PS, Blondeau F. (2005 Aug). Non-stoichiometric relationship between clathrin heavy and light chains revealed by quantitative comparative proteomics of clathrin-coated vesicles from brain and liver. Mol. Cell Proteomics. 4(8):1145-54.
PubMed ID: 15933375
Girard M, Allaire PD, Blondeau F, McPherson PS. (2005 Apr). Isolation of clathrin-coated vesicles by differential and density gradient centrifugation. Curr Protoc Cell Biol. Chapter 3 :Unit 3.13.
PubMed ID: 18228473
Blondeau F, Ritter B, Allaire PD, Wasiak S, Girard M, Hussain NK,...McPherson PS. (2004 Mar 16). Tandem MS analysis of brain clathrin-coated vesicles reveals their critical involvement in synaptic vesicle recycling. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A.. 101(11):3833-8.
PubMed ID: 15007177
Levesque L, Lam MH, Allaire P, Mondat M, Houle S, Beaudoin G,...Leclerc G. (2001 Apr). Effects of radiation therapy on vascular responsiveness. J. Cardiovasc. Pharmacol.. 37(4):381-93.
PubMed ID: 11300651