Kelly Schroeder RDH, B.S., M.S.
Center for Oral and Systemic Health
1000 North Oak Ave. 1R4 Marshfield, WI 54449
- 2014 to 2016:
- MS, Dental Hygiene and Public Health, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID
- AA, Dental Hygiene, Fox Valley Tech College, Appleton, WI
- BS, Communicative Disorders, University of Wisconsin, Oshkosh, Oshkosh, WI
- 2018 to Present:
- Dental Hygienist-Research, Marshfield Clinic Health System, Marshfield, WI
- 2017 to Present:
- Secretary, WI Dental Hygienist Assoc, WI
- 2006 to Present:
- Dental Hygienist, Smiles By Design, Hortonville, WI
Schroeder brings over 13 years of clinical dental hygiene experience to the COSH research team. Her role as a dental hygienist-research includes literature review, study design, study implementation, and manuscript preperation. Specific oral health research interests include detecting sleep quality concerns during an oral examination and integrating oral and systemic health. As an active member of the Wisconsin Dental Hygiene association, Schroeder is involved in the legislative process in regards to expanding dental hygiene care in Wisconsin. Articles authored and coauthored include, "The Oral Health Risks of Multiple Sclerosis", published in Decisions in Dentistry and Dimensions of Dental Hygiene, "The Oral Health Needs of Wisconsin Farmers and the Need for Patient Activation, an original study," published in The Journal of Agromedicine and "The Dental Hygiene Process of Care: One Dental Office’s Journey," published in Access Magazine.
* Population barriers to health care and patient activation
* Poplulation education on oral and systemic health issues
* Oral and systemic inter-professional health collaboration
* Sleep disorders in relation to oral, systemic and emotional health
*Detecting sleep quality concerns during the dental hygiene assessment process.
Schroeder K, Gurenlian JR. Recognizing Poor Sleep Quality Factors During Oral Health Evaluations. Clin Med Res. 2019 June; 17(1-2):20-28. doi: 10.312/cmr.2019.1465. PMCID: PMC6546276.
PubMed ID: 31160475