Alok Sagar Panny B.D.S., M.S.
Research Specialist, MS-Informatics
Center for Oral and Systemic Health
1000 North Oak Ave. 1R4 Marshfield, WI 54449
- 2016 to Present:
- SAS Certified Specialist: Base Programming Using SAS 9.4, SAS
- 2015 to 2016:
- Graduate Certificate, Health Informatics and Data Analytics, George Mason University, Virginia
- 2014 to 2016:
- Master of Science, Medical Informatics, George Mason University, Virginia
- 2007 to 2012:
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (B.D.S), Dentistry, M.N.R Dental college , Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Telangana, India
- 2017 to Present:
- Research Specialist, Mashfield Clinic Research Institute, Marshfield, Wisconsin,USA
- 2016 to 2017:
- Research Assistant, Mashfield Clinic Research Institute, Marshfield, Wisconsin,USA
- 2016 to 2016:
- Special Research Volunteer, National Institute of Health(NIH), Baltimore,Maryland , USA
- 2015 to 2016:
- Research Assistant, George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia,USA
- 2015 to 2015:
- Academic Mentor, Early Identification Program, George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia,USA
- 2015 to 2015:
- Faculty Advisor, National Youth Leadership Forum for Advanced Medicine and Health Care, Johns Hopkins Univeristy, Envision Experience, Baltimore,Maryland , USA
- 2013 to 2014:
- Dental Surgeon, G.B.R Multispeciality Hospital, Hyderabad, India
- 2012 to 2013:
- Dental Resident, M.N.R Dental College, Hyderabad, India
Alok Sagar Panny is a research specialist at COSH. He is a dental surgeon and informatician by training.
Mr. Panny’s work involves managing large clinical data sets and applying novel methods and tools for assessing the quality of care delivered and answering any clinical and policy related questions. He also provides support to principal investigators in facilitating and coordinating activities of research projects, and writing abstracts/research reports for academic publication in scholarly journals and project publications. He is also actively involved in identifying funding opportunities and fostering research and scholarly activities for development of extramural grant applications.
Mr. Panny's research interests include Oral-systemic connections, Clinical decision support systems and Medical and Dental informatics.
Panny, A., Krueger, K., Acharya, A.. . Achieving the 'True' Triple Aim in Healthcare. In: Integration of Medical and Dental Care and Patient Data.. 2nd ed.Switzerland: Springer Nature Switzerland AG; 2019: pp. 11-32.
Shimpi N, Glurich I, Panny A, Acharya A. Knowledgeability, Attitude and Practice Behaviors of Primary Care Providers Towards Managing Patient's Oral Health in Medical Practice: Wisconsin Statewide Survey. [published online ahead of print 2019 August]. J Am Dent Assoc.
Steinmetz A, Glurich I, Panny A, Berg R, Fischer G, Acharya A. HbA1C Screening in the Dental Setting. J Dent Res. 2019 June; (98 (Spec Iss A): 1782):iadr.org.
Panny A, Glurich I, Haws RM, Acharya A. (2017 June 1). Oral and Craniofacial Anomalies of Bardet-Biedl Syndrome: Dental Management in the Context of a Rare Disease. J Dent Res. :22034517716913.
PubMed ID: 28662344
Panny A, Huser V. (2016 September 15). Text Processing of Clinical Research Protocols and Informed Consents to Facilitate Tracking of Research Procedures. Available at: https://researchfestival.nih.gov/2016/posters/text-processing-clinical-research-protocols-and-informed-consents.
Panny A, Huser V. (2016 November 14). Text Processing of Clinical Research Protocols and Informed Consents to Facilitate Tracking of Research Procedures. Available at: https://www.amia.org/amia2016/posters.